Visiting St. Francis? Get information on visiting hours and policies, directions to St. Francis, on-site directions, and help with parking.
Visitor Information brochure and map
Visiting Hours and Policies
Visitors, friends, and family play an important role in a patient’s recovery. We appreciate the opportunity to partner with you to create a safe, quiet, and healing environment. Our goal is to ensure that a patient’s rights for visitation are respected, and to ensure that all of our visitors enjoy equal visitation privileges consistent with each patient’s preference.
Here are a few guidelines that will make your visit helpful to your family member or friend:
- Visitors are welcome at any time during the patient’s stay
- Visitors are also welcome to stay with a family member or friend when they are in the hospital’s Emergency Department or are here for outpatient services or Ambulatory Surgery
- Patients can choose who can and cannot visit them without regard to legal relationship, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability
- Limits on visiting will be reasonable and based upon the patient’s medical condition and will be explained to the patient and to you
- Reasons for restricting visitors may include, but are not limited to:
- The patient requests restrictions or limitations
- There are safety concerns, such as risk of infection
- Visiting interferes with the care of other patients, including the need for their rest and/or privacy
- An existing court order that restricts contact
- Visitors are disruptive, threatening or violent
- If and when certain patient conditions warrant restrictions and precautions, every consideration will be made for family members/support person
- Visits from children:
- Children are welcome to visit a family member, but those under the age of 16 should be supervised by a responsible adult during their visit
- Young children are expected to stay with an adult who is responsible for supervising them to ensure a safe and restful environment for the patient, and any other patient(s) sharing their room
- Younger children are not excluded by age, but supervising adults are encouraged to keep their visit brief
- Anyone with a cold, rash, fever, flu or other communicable disease should not visit the hospital; all visitors are to wash their hands before entering and leaving a patient’s room
Language Translation Services
Translation services are available on premises 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Language translation is provided through CyraCom. Sign language interpreters are also provided as needed.
Back to Top
Driving Directions to St. Francis Hospital
- Long Island Expressway (495) to Exit 36N (Searingtown Road)
- Take Searingtown Road north approximately one mile
- Cross over Northern Boulevard (Rte. 25A)
- Searingtown Road becomes Port Washington Boulevard at this point
- Proceed north on Port Washington to second traffic light
- St. Francis Hospital is located on the left
Back to Top
Hotels and Lodging
Several hotels serve the Hospital area:
- Inn at Great Neck (516) 773-2000
- Roslyn Claremont (516) 625-2700
- Hilton Garden Inn (516) 683-8200
- Holiday Inn (516) 997-5000
- Long Island Marriott (516) 794-3800
- East Norwich Inn (516) 922-1500 ext. 311
- Glen Cove Mansion Hotel and Conference Center (516) 671-6400
*Please check local listing for other accommodations.
Back to Top
From Hospital Parking Garage to The Heart Center Main Lobby
Go to the garage elevator on any level of the Hospital Parking Garage and take elevator to Level L, the lobby level. The Information Desk is directly inside.
From Hospital Parking Garage to the DeMatteis Pavilion Lobby
Go to the garage elevator on any level and take elevator to Level P-2. Exit the elevator lobby and turn left for the DeMatteis Pavilion entrance and lobby.
Ambulatory Catheterization Unit (ACU)
Go to the garage elevator on any level of the Hospital Parking Garage and take elevator to Level P-2. Exit the elevator lobby and turn left for the DeMatteis Pavilion Entrance. Pass the Information Desk and Registration A. Make a left and walk down the hall to the DeMatteis Pavilion elevators. Take the elevator to the third floor. Registration C and the ACU will be adjacent to the elevators. (Heart Center, third floor)
Patient Access/Pre-Admission Testing
Follow Directions to The Heart Center Main Lobby and enter first door to the left of the Information Desk. (Heart Center, first floor)
Arrhythmia Center parking is limited to patients only. All others should use the Hospital Parking Garage and follow directions to the front of the Heart Center Main Lobby. Then follow signs to the Emergency Department (ED). Arrhythmia Center is adjacent to the ED. (Heart Center, first floor)
Go to the garage elevator on any level of the Hospital Parking Garage and take elevator to Level L, the lobby level. From the lobby, follow the main hallway back and bear right past the elevator bank. Follow this hallway and the overhead directional signage to “Endoscopy.” (Heart Center, first floor)
Patient Discharge/Drop Off (lower level)
Discharged patients will be escorted by a St. Francis Hospital staff member to Level P-2 of the Hospital Parking Garage where there is a designated patient pick-up/drop-off area.
Health Information Management/Medical Records (lower level)
To receive a copy of your medical record, please contact the Medical Records Department at (516) 562-6085 to obtain a HIPAA complaint request form. (Heart Center, lower level)
Emergency Department (ED)
Enter the main traffic entrance and bear left, following signs for “EMERGENCY.”
Most physician offices are located in the Robert F. Vizza Pavilion. See the directory at entrance of the Pavilion for office locations. Parking for these offices is located in the Vizza Parking area.
The Patio Café offers fresh salads, light fare and hot meals for visitor convenience. (Heart Center, first floor)
Heart Center Main Lobby/Information Desk
Offers visitor assistance with information, a comfortable waiting area, public phones and restrooms. (Heart Center, first floor)
Gift Shop/Meditation Chapel
The Gift Shop and interfaith Meditation Chapel are located off of the Heart Center Main Lobby. (Heart Center, first floor)
DeMatteis Pavilion Lobby/Information Desk (lower level)
Offers visitor assistance with information, a comfortable waiting area and restrooms. (DeMatteis Pavilion, lower level)
Registration A/Ambulatory Surgery/Surgical Services (lower level)
Enter through the DeMatteis Pavilion Entrance. Just past the Information Desk is Registration A. Report here for Ambulatory Surgery. (DeMatteis Pavilion, lower level)
Registration B (lower level)
Enter through the DeMatteis Pavilion Entrance. Pass the Information Desk and Registration A. Make a left and walk down the hall to Registration B. Register here for Radiology, Cardiac Imaging, Outpatient Clinical Laboratory, and Pulmonary Medicine and you will be directed to the appropriate area. (DeMatteis Pavilion, lower level)
Registration C (third floor)
Go to the garage elevator on any level of the Hospital Parking Garage and take elevator to Level P-2. Exit the elevator lobby and turn left for the DeMatteis Pavilion Entrance. Pass the Information Desk and Registration A. Make a left and walk down the hall to the DeMatteis Pavilion elevators. Take the elevator to the third floor. Registration C will be adjacent to the elevators. (Heart Center, third floor)
Diabetes Center, Women’s Center, Cardiac Fitness & Rehabilitation, Research Institute, Community Health & Education, Physical Therapy, and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
, Pain Management, and the Center for Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics
These services are located at our DeMatteis Center campus in Greenvale. From the Hospital, make a right onto Port Washington Blvd. and take it south to Northern Blvd. (Route 25A). Make a left onto Northern Blvd. and take it east for approximately three miles (the DeMatteis Center is located across from New York Institute of Technology). Turn left into the DeMatteis Center’s parking lot.
Back to Top
Parking is provided at a nominal fee in the Hospital Parking Garage.
Please note: Handicapped parking is limited to those who have permits. Specifically marked handicapped spaces are found on Level P-2 in the Hospital Parking Garage.
Discount parking coupon books may be purchased daily at the Hospital Parking Toll Booth or on weekdays in Registration B. These coupons entitle you to enter and exit Hospital Parking as often as you like on the same day without incurring additional charges.
If at any time you require assistance, please ask a security guard or staff to direct you.
Emergency patients are to follow signs for “EMERGENCY” and drive directly to the Emergency Department entrance of The Heart Center.
Back to Top